Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Miracle

Good morning to all of our friends and family!! I am sitting here alone watching David while he peacefully sleeps and thought I would give you all an update. From the time they brought David into ICU at 3:00pm and the time I left to go home, about 6:30pm, we saw a mircle take place. David's face no longer sags to one side, his speech does not slur anymore and he can find all of his words. Within an hour he was asking if the showers were cold at the JCC, if I had contacted his supervisor at the temple where he works and how soon he could have a chocolate chocolate donut - those things that are most important to him!!! We have laughed together, shared lots of hugs and kisses and marveled at his smile and sense of humor. He has been up and walking around and is able to eat solid food. The assistant surgeon marveled at how good he looks and how well he was responding. Everything looks very positive. He is scheduled for an MRI today and as soon as he has that done and can get up and walk around some more, they will move him to a regular room. Right now, he just needs to rest and not have a lot of stimulation. We are hoping he will be able to have visitors by Sunday afternoon.
i have been overwhelmed by the support, love, emails, comments, voicemails, phone calls, offers of food and help from all of you. Yesterday I could hear in my head all day the prayers and thoughts of all of you lifting us up and sending your love to David. I am unable to express my gratefulness and love to all of you. I am just overwhelmed by it all. I have never felt this kind of support and kindness from so many people. And to all of you at the JCC, I will always be thankful for all you have done for my husband- I will always be in your debt. I had no idea he meant so much to you all.
We still have work ahead of us, but David's biggest concern was that he get through surgery and still be able to function well for however much time he had left. His prayers have been answered; our prayers have been answered and your prayers and good wishes have all been answered. It has been a miracle to all of us - thanks to all of you and to a kind and loving Heavenly Father who hears our pleas, knows our desires and blesses us because of our faith and prayers. I will always be in His debt as well.
I love you all.
Janis

3 comments:

  1. Janice,
    He means the world to us. Thank you for keeping us advised of what's happening and for this blog so that we don't have to bother you for updates.
    Do not hesitate to ask us for help.
    Love to you and your family.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael and I just heard about this, we love the both of you dearly and will be praying for the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed that you have all found the time to update this blog and keep the many people out here thinking and praying for you informed. we are so happy to hear of the miracles, and blessings each day. (Heidi McCabe and fam.)

    ReplyDelete