Saturday, December 31, 2011

FYI

Last night, as Dad was surrounded by his family, his Spirit slipped away from his body and ended his journey here on earth.  He was peaceful, we were peaceful.

As we try to put into words our feelings about Dad and his battle against the Deathstar, we wanted to let you all know that his memorial service will be Thursday, January 5th, in West Jordan.  As we finalize details we'll make a formal announcement.

Two years ago for Dad's 60th birthday, Mom had a brilliant idea of asking all his family to write him a letter, sharing their favorite thing, or memory about Dad.  We would like to invite anyone who would want to, to do the same.  We will add them to his book.  We think it will be an awesome way to share with his grandchildren now and in the future what a wonderful Husband, Father, Brother, Son, and Friend Dad was. 

If you feel so inclined, you can leave a comment, email them to me at abbiesmith@gmail.com, or write one and bring it to the memorial service.  We will also have the notebook with paper and pencils at his service where you can write one there if you wish!

As I read through the blog yesterday from the beginning I was again struck with amazement over how many lives Dad has touched.  We are truly grateful for each and everyone of you.  Thank you for your constant expressions of love and support.

Love to You All!

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear of your loss. I did not know your father in anyway. I found your blog one day through a GBM online search. Since I found your site, I have followed your father's brave struggle. He is and will always be in my prayers. He must have been a wonderful man, father, husband, son, brother, and grandfather to have earned so much love and support. You have created a wonderful memoir of your father that will certainly be an inspiration to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

    Love, Heather Fortner Ciesla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked with Dave at the JCC. He was part of our family. We just lost a good friend and a hell of a good worker. My sympathies go out to all your family, especially Janis. I am very sorry to hear of Dave's passing.

    Karla Pardini

    ReplyDelete