Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Final Post


It has now been 3 1/2 months since David passed away and left such a big hole in my mind, heart, calendar, home and life. I miss him very much. I have his picture by my bedroom door and every time I pass I reach out to touch his whiskered face - I can still feel it.
I have decided to have this blog and all of the comments and pictures printed out and added to the book I am putting together about him. If any of you have any final comments, thoughts, stories or feelings you would like included in this book, please comment on this post. I'm going to close it down the end of April and have everything printed then.
I hope you all know how important each of you were during the fight with the Deathstar. As a family we counted on your words of encouragement, hope and love and we read them over and over and we read them to David over and over. Thank you for your love and help. Our family has often commented on how we felt the prayers and well-wishes of our family and friends - especially the day of his surgery from the members and co-workers at the Jewish Community Center. I will never forget that day.
The Deathstar may have won this round, but there is no lasting loss with Jesus Christ as our Savior and Redeemer. "O grave, where is thy victory? O death, where is thy sting?" There is no lasting separation and no lasting pain where Jesus is involved - and He is definitely involved here. As Elder Nelson has discussed, the best part about death is the joyous eternal reunion we will have one with another because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I testify of Jesus' reality, His power and His constant love. Everything He touches heals and is made better. I know that to be true. This is what I want my final posting to be - my sure testimony of my reunion with my beloved husband, David and to be held by him again in a future day all made possible because of the Great Plan of Happiness provided by our dear Father in Heaven and secured by His Son, Jesus Christ. I hope some day to enjoy Their embrace as well.
My love and testimony to you all.
Janis

2 comments:

  1. I hope I am not to late to post before you close this site and print everything out. I just wanted to say how much I have appreciated having David as my big brother on this earth and am looking forward to seeing him again when we are all together again as an eternal family. David was always there when I needed him, he was there whenever anyone needed him. He along with his better half Janis raised wonderful kids who have become really great grown-ups! I feel privileged to call him my brother. I will miss him. He will live on in his beautiful wife, great kids and beautiful grandkids. Love, Jennifer Pardone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure at this point that anything can be added to what has been said. I miss my big brother and my good friend. Dave's passing has left a void in our lives and a hole in our hearts.

      I visited with a client today that lost a brother he was very close to about the same time we lost Dave. We compared notes, smiles, and tears.

      Life is not the same and never will be. One thing is for sure, getting old is not easy. Sure you have some achs and pains, but loosing your friends is what stings.

      Uncle Russ

      Delete